Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blogging from the Bus

What an amazing day! (I feel like I've been using the words amazing, incredible, fantastic over and over again!)

We started the day at Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Museum. It has been completely redone since I was here with Larry in 1998. The museum is so emotional, especially the Children's Memorial.

A woman from our group is the woman daughter of Holocaust survivors as well as a therapist who specializes in trauma victims. She talked to us for about 15 minutes, and it was incredibly moving.

There were many groups of young Israeli soldiers touring the museum. We learned this week that the army takes these young soldiers on field trips, including to the Old City, so that they can understand what they are defending.

We're heading back to the hotel now. I plan to blog more and upload video this evening.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment