Thursday, November 4, 2010

Masada, the Dead Sea, and Abraham's Tent

My internet is slow tonight, and my computer is running out of power, but I wanted to give you a quick update on our day:

We left Jerusalem at 7:15 and headed south to Masada.  What an incredible place!  The last time I was there, Larry and I climbed up and made it to the top to see a gorgeous sunrise over Jordan.  This time, we took the cable car up.  We had a fantastic guide (he was also one of the speakers yesterday - here is his website:  http://www.kenspiro.com). 

After Masada, we took a short ride to the Dead Sea.  We covered ourselves in mud, then floated in the salty dead sea.  It was probably a hysterical sight -- 100 women, many religious, floating and laughing and having a fantastic time.   (Note to Heidi -- I got mud on my white hat!  I'll tell you the whole story of that when I get back.)  Shopping for Ahava products and lunch followed!

We showered and dressed and got back on the bus for a ride to a very unique place.  We went to Abraham's Tent for camel rides and dinner.  Riding the camel is easy -- it's just when the camel stands up and sits down that's a bit freaky -- and we had some very funny moments. Dinner was nice, and then we headed home.

After a quick change, we headed out to Ben Yehuda street for some more shopping. It was a successful trip!

More tomorrow!  

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha! can't wait to hear the story when you get back...but then again, can't wait to hear all the details. how delightful - that's spa for real!

    ReplyDelete